Last updated on October 19, 2021
Unicheck is a Canvas-integrated software that can review text submissions from students for plagiarism. You can use Unicheck to ensure academic integrity in your course in the same way you may have used SafeAssign in Blackboard. Activating Unicheck is done on a per-assignment basis and is easy to do while creating the assignment.
Integrate Unicheck in an Assignment
- Go to MSU Denver’s Faculty and Staff Hub.
- Click Canvas in the Teaching & Learning section.
- Log in to your Canvas Account.
- Select the Course you’d like to work in.
- Select Assignments in the left-hand course navigation menu.
- Click the blue + Assignment button in the top right-hand corner.
- Select Online for Submission Type.
- Select Text Entry, File Uploads, or Both of these options in the Submission Type box.
- Select Unicheck (MSU Denver) under Plagiarism Review.
- Select which Settings you would like Unicheck to use when generating the plagiarism reports. Options include:
- Add Submissions to Institutional Library
- Exclude quotes
- Exclude references
- Exclude sources
- Choose When, if at all, you would like the reports to be made available to the students.
- Complete All Other Fields in the assignment (title, description, etc.) as you would normally.
- Click Save.
View Unicheck Reports on Submitted Assignments
- Select Grades in the course navigation menu on the left.
- Hover your Cursor over the Name of the assignment.
- Click the More Options Menu (three vertical dots) that appear to the right of the assignment name.
- Select SpeedGrader.
- Browse Student Submissions in SpeedGrader.
- Review the Percentage Scores provided by Unicheck, listed next to the file name on the right-hand panel.
- Note: Higher scores are worse as they reflect a greater similarity between the submitted assignment and other documents Unicheck compares them to.
- Click on the Percentage Score in the right-hand panel to view a more detailed breakdown of the Unicheck report, which will open in a new window.