Last updated on October 19, 2021
Assignment groups allow you to organize all assignments categorically. This allows for both easier navigation to your assignments and lets you weight assignment groups differently for final grading.
Note: If you want to add an already existing Assignment to a new or existing Assignment group, skip to Step 12 below.
- Go to MSU Denver’s Faculty and Staff Hub.
- Click Canvas in the Teaching & Learning section.
- Log in to your Canvas Account.
- Select the Course you’d like to work in.
- Click Modules on the course navigation menu to the left.
- Scroll to the Module you’d like to add an assignment to.
- Click the + Button next to the name of the Module.
- Select Assignment from the drop-down menu.
- Click [New Assignment].
- Type a Title for your assignment in the Assignment Name box.
- Click Add Item.
- Click the Name of the assignment you created in the module.
- Click Edit.
- Type Instructions and Additional Information in the second, larger box.
- Note: You can also add links, images, videos, and other resources in this section. To learn more, refer to the “Use the Rich Content Editor” tutorial.
- Click the drop-down menu labeled Assignment Group.
- Note: Assignment groups that have already been created will appear in this drop-down menu. Select an existing group to add your assignment to or proceed to step 16 to create a new Assignment Group.
- Click [New Group].
- Input a Title for your group in the box labeled Name.
- Click Add Group.
- Finish applying the Appropriate Settings.
- Click Save.