Last updated on November 5, 2021
Assignment groups allow you to organize your assignments by category. For more information, please visit the “Organize Assignments Using Assignment Groups” tutorial. This tutorial describes how to weight your assignment groups to affect how strongly each category will affect the final grade. For example, you could set Projects to 20%, Discussions to 10%, Quizzes to 30%, and Final Exam to 40%.
- Go to MSU Denver’s Faculty and Staff Hub.
- Click Canvas in the Teaching & Learning section.
- Log in to your Canvas Account.
- Select the Course you’d like to work in.
- Click Assignments on the course navigation menu to the left.
- Click the More Options Menu (three vertical dots) next to the blue + Assignments Button.
- Select Assignment Groups Weight.
- Check the box that says Weight Final Grade Based on Assignment Groups.
- Enter Numbers in the boxes to show the weight of each category.
- Click Save.