Last updated on June 30, 2022
Previous Blackboard content was migrated into Canvas by K16 Solutions in 2020. Before requesting a Blackboard archive, check to see if the course is located within Canvas:
- Select Courses in the blue, left-hand side Canvas menu.
- Select All Courses from the bottom of the Courses menu.
- Courses migrated from Blackboard will start with “K16” and then include the name of the course that was imported.
- If you are able to find the K16-migrated course, view our Copy a Canvas Course into the New Semester guide for instruction on copying into your standard course shell.
If you are unable to locate a K16-migrated course, please complete the Blackboard Archive File Request Ticket from ITS to receive a .zip file for the course.
Once you have recovered the archived course, you can import into your current Canvas shell. To do so:
- Go to the Home Page of the course shell you would like to import into.
- Click Import Existing Content in the right-hand menu.
- Select Blackboard 6/7/8/9 export .zip file from the drop-down menu.
- Click Choose File.
- Find the Export File saved on your computer.
- Click the checkbox for All Content.
- Click Import.
If you are experiencing any difficulties in transferring the archived Blackboard course over to Canvas, please visit our Virtual Drop-in Support (10am-3pm, Mon-Fri) for assistance.