Last updated on December 14, 2021
If you need to update or adjust assignment dates in course content that you’ve copied from a previous term or another instructor, Canvas has a tool, Edit Assignment Dates, that enables you to adjust all assignment due dates from one location. Once you edit your assignment dates on this page, your syllabus, assignments, and gradebook will all automatically update to the new dates. In this tutorial, we will walk through the process of updating due dates for all assignments.
Note: You can visit the Academic Calendar to verify semester start dates, if you are preparing your course content for a new term.
- Go to MSU Denver’s Faculty and Staff Hub.
- Click Canvas in the Teaching & Learning section.
- Log in to your Canvas Account.
- Select the Course you’d like to work in.
- Click Assignments in the left-hand navigation menu.
- Click the More Options (Three vertical dots) icon in the top right-hand corner of the page.
- Click Edit Assignment Dates in the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down the page and check/change that each assignment has an associated Due Date.
- Note: If a student doesn’t submit work to an Assignment/Quiz/Graded Discussion with no due date, they won’t receive any penalty to their grade. Therefore all graded work needs a due date.
- Click Save in the top right-hand corner of the page if you made any changes.