Last updated on October 19, 2021
Just as in an in-person classroom, the MS Teams version of a whiteboard enables an instructor to share relevant information dynamically and live rather than as part of a presentation. Using a whiteboard also can encourage student engagement and group activity. In this tutorial, we walk through the process of using the MS Teams whiteboard tool in your MS Teams meetings.
- Start a Teams Meeting (if you need help with this step, visit our “Start a Meeting in Teams tutorial“).
- Click the Share Screen button (this looks like a square with an arrow).
- Click Microsoft Whiteboard to the right.
- Select a Tool from the tray along the right side of the meeting window.
- The four pens can be used as markers by holding the left-click button. Their color and thickness can be changed by double-clicking on them in the toolbar.
- The highlighter can be used to highlight writing or text.
- The eraser can be used to erase markings made with pens. It will delete entire strokes.
- The Add Text and Add Note tools can be used to create text boxes.
- The Add Shapes or Lines tool can be used to create neat shapes and lines.
- Hover Near the Bottom of the screen until your controls appear on the screen.
- Click Stop Presenting on the left side of the screen to put the whiteboard away.