Last updated on November 11, 2022
Item Banks are collections of questions for use in New Quizzes. You may want to share an Item Bank with another instructor to use in their course, perhaps to collaborate on creating new questions or to provide them with material for their own New Quizzes. This tutorial will show you how to share access to your Item Banks.
Please note that Item Banks are different, but comparable, to Question Banks, which are used in Classic Quizzes; if you’d like to share a Question Bank, you will first need to migrate it to an Item Bank. That process is detailed in our Convert Question Banks to Item Bank tutorial.
- Go to MSU Denver’s Faculty and Staff Hub.
- Click Canvas in the Teaching & Learning section.
- Log in to your Canvas Account.
- Select the Course you’d like to work in.
- Click Quizzes in the left-hand navigation menu.
- Click on any New Quiz you have created.
- Note: New Quizzes can be identified by the solid rocket ship icon to the left of their title. Classic Quizzes have an outline of a rocket ship.
- Click on Build in the bottom right-hand corner of the page, next to the Save button.
- Click on Item Banks icon in the top right-hand corner of the page.
- This will open a menu of all the Item Banks you have created.
- Click on the Share button (three connected dots) to the right of the Item Bank’s title.
- Enter the Name of the user or course you like to share the Item Bank with.
- Select Can View or Can Edit under Access.
- If a user can only view the bank, they can still add the questions to exams in their course, but they cannot make changes.
- If a user has edit access, they can make changes to the bank that will affect all users of the bank.
- Click the green Add button to the right of the Access field.
- Click the Trash Can icon to the right of any instructor or course that you would like to remove access to.
- Click Done in the bottom right-hand corner when you are finished sharing access to the Item Bank.