Last updated on February 9, 2024
Tool: Canvas Modules and Pages
Items with due dates such as assignments, quizzes, and discussions automatically get added to the Course Summary and student To-Do List once a due date is set, but what about other elements of a course like readings and videos? Marking these items as “to-dos” in the module will add them to the Course Summary and the student To-Do list, which can be a great way to help students stay on top of coursework. The video below will cover how to mark items as “to-do” in Canvas.
- Use modules to sequence your content and assignments.
- Use pages to share links, readings, and videos.
- Mark items as “to-do” so that they will appear on the Course Summary and the “to-do” list on the student Dashboard.
Let’s walk through it together
Add an Item to the To-Do List
- Click Modules in the course navigation menu at left.
- Scroll down to the page you’d like to mark as a to-do.
- Click the name of the page.
- Click Edit.
- Scroll down to Options, below the Rich Content Editor.
- Click the checkbox next to “Add to Student To-Do.”
- Enter a date by which students should complete the task.
- Click Save.
- Check that the item has been added to the Course Summary on the Syllabus tab.