Last updated on March 18, 2022
By default, all replies a student posts in a Discussion in Canvas can be edited or deleted by that student. You can disable this feature, if you like, on a class-wide basis. This can be done to ensure greater academic integrity in your course, as a student cannot post an incomplete reply and then revise it later after reading through the discussion.
To disable this feature:
- Click on Settings in the left-hand course navigation menu.
- Click on the Course Details tab along the top of the page.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- Click on More Options at the bottom of the page.
- Uncheck the box next to Let Students Edit or Delete Their Own Discussion Replies.
- Click Update Course Details in the bottom right-hand corner.