Last updated on December 15, 2021
You can add a rubric to an assignment or discussion to help students understand your expectations and how you intend to score their submissions. Rubrics also integrate into SpeedGrader, making grading quick and efficient!
- Go to MSU Denver’s Faculty and Staff Hub.
- Click Canvas in the Teaching & Learning section.
- Log in to your Canvas Account.
- Select the Course you’d like to work in.
- Click Modules on the course navigation menu to the left.
- Scroll to the Assignment within the Module you’d like to edit.
- Click the Name of the assignment.
- Click the + Rubric button.
- Note: These steps assume the rubric has already been created. To create a new rubric, visit the “Create a Rubric in Canvas” tutorial.
- Click Find a Rubric. The Find Existing Rubric window will appear
- Click the appropriate Course on the left side of the window.
- Click on the desired Rubric Title in the middle column. The rubric will be displayed in the right portion of the window.
- Click Use This Rubric, located below the rubric display.