Last updated on October 26, 2021
The Course Information module in the new 2021 Master Blueprint Template is built to house important information for a course. This module in your course will allow information in the syllabus to be drastically reduced to increase readability and make the syllabus page more user-friendly for students.
One important change to note in the 2021 Blueprint is the removal of university policies and resources from the course information module. University policies and resources are now included in their own module and link to university-updated web pages outside of Canvas. You will no longer need to update these policies on your own, as they will always have current information in them. This module is also collapsible, which makes it easier for students to access course-specific information.
You can edit the content in the Blueprint Course Information Module provided in your new course shell with your own content to make navigation easy for your students. The course information module includes templates for the following content:
- Overview (Read Me First)
- Instructor Introduction
- Discussion: Student Introductions
- Course Grading Policy
- Navigating this Course
- Course Alignment Map
Note: For a detailed tutorial on how to edit pages, please refer to the “Edit an Existing Page in Canvas” tutorial.
- Go to MSU Denver’s Faculty and Staff Hub.
- Click Canvas in the Teaching & Learning section.
- Log in to your Canvas Account.
- Select the Course you’d like to work in.
- Click Modules on the course navigation menu on the left side of the page. The Course Information module will be the first module that appears.
- Click on the Titles of the individual pages under the Course Information module to explore the contents of each page.
To Edit the Course Information Module
- Click on the name of the Course Information Module Content Page that you wish to edit.
- Click Edit on the top right of the page.
- Select the Text you wish to change.
- Type or Paste New Text to replace existing text.
- Note: Pasting text can occasionally cause formatting problems. If you copy and paste text into the sample module, select the Pasted Text and click on the Clear Formatting button (The icon is an italicized T with a line under it and a rectangle eraser to the right). The clear formatting button is in the formatting menu between the Table icon and the Increase Indent icon.
- Click Save or Save and Publish.