Last updated on October 19, 2021
Your Canvas profile lets you choose a profile picture and share a brief biography with your students. Setting up your Canvas profile will help your students get to know you as a person, which increases instructor presence, humanizes your course, and makes your course more engaging.
- Go to MSU Denver’s Faculty and Staff Hub.
- Click Canvas in the Teaching & Learning section.
- Log in to your Canvas Account.
- Click Account on the global navigation bar at left.
- Select Profile.
- Click the Profile Picture Icon.
- Click Choose a Picture.
- Select a Photograph of yourself to upload from your computer.
- Click Open.
- Click and Drag the Circle to crop your photograph, as desired.
- Click Save.
- Click Edit Profile.
- Add Contact Information, as desired.
- Note: If you would like to add third-party apps, such as Twitter or Skype, you can do so on the Settings page. Click Settings under Contact. Select any of these Services to add your contact information for students to contact you. Students can automatically contact you through Canvas messages.
- Type information into the Biography section.
- Add additional Links, as desired.
- Click Save Profile.