Last updated on October 19, 2021
Notifications are messages sent by Canvas to alert you of activity in your courses. You are able to manage notification settings in two ways. One way is to click Account in the global navigation menu and set preferences that affect all of your courses. The other method is to manage notification preferences for individual courses, as described below. For example, you could choose to mute all notifications for a particular course in which you are enrolled.
- Go to MSU Denver’s Faculty and Staff Hub.
- Click Canvas in the Teaching & Learning section.
- Log in to your Canvas Account.
- Select the Course you’d like to adjust notifications for.
- Click Home in the course navigation menu at left.
- Click the View Course Notifications button in the menu at the right.
- Click the Enable Notifications toggle button at the top of the page to turn off all notifications for the course.
- To adjust notification preferences for the course:
- Check that the Enable Notifications toggle button at the top of the page shows a green checkmark.
- Click a Symbol in the table below. Notice that each row contains a different event/item and each column contains a different notification method.
- Select your notification Preference from the drop-down menu.
- Note: by default, course notification preferences are the same as the Notification Preferences set in the user’s account settings.