Last updated on October 19, 2021
The native calendar tool in Canvas will automatically update with due dates you have created for quizzes, assignments, and discussions. This is a helpful tool for tracking and viewing due dates all in one place. You may, however, prefer to use the Outlook calendar, which automatically updates with all your Teams meetings and event invites sent through Outlook. To view all assignments and meetings in one calendar, you will need to add the Canvas calendar feed to your Outlook calendar.
- Go to MSU Denver’s Faculty and Staff Hub.
- Click Canvas in the Teaching & Learning section.
- Log in to your Canvas Account.
- Click the Calendar button from the global navigation menu on the left.
- Click the Calendar Feed button below your calendar list on the right.
- Copy the Resulting Link.
- Open Outlook.com in a separate tab.
- Log in to your Outlook Account using your MSU credentials.
- Click the Calendar Icon on the bottom left.
- Click the Add Calendar button on the left, below the small calendar view.
- Click the Subscribe from Web tab on the left hand navigation menu.
- Paste the Link you copied from Canvas in the text input box.
- Type a Calendar Name in the newly appeared text input box.
- Select a Color and a Charm to identify this new calendar.
- Select a Folder to add this calendar to in the add to drop-down menu.
- Click Import.
- Note: Your newly created calendar will appear under the small view calendar, click the Checkbox next to your new calendar to view or hide this calendar.