Last updated on October 19, 2021
When working on multiple courses, you can open multiple tabs in your browser and cut and paste between courses to save yourself some time.
- Go to MSU Denver’s Faculty and Staff Hub.
- Click Canvas in the Teaching & Learning section.
- Log in to your Canvas Account.
- Select the Course you’d like to copy information from.
- Right-click (or control + click for Mac users) the Canvas Tab at the top of your browser window.
- Click Duplicate from the drop-down menu that appears to create a new tab.
- Click the New Duplicated Tab that appears at the top of your screen.
- Click Courses on the left side of the page.
- Click the Course Title for the course you’d like to paste information into.
- Note: You will now have two tabs at the top of your screen. One is for the first course you previously opened, and one is for the second course you just opened.
- Click the Tab at the top of the screen for the First Course you opened.
- Locate the Information you want to Copy.
- Highlight the Information with your cursor.
- Press “Ctrl” and “C” Simultaneously on your keyboard to copy the information.
- Note: If you use a Mac, press “Command” and “C” simultaneously.
- Click the Tab at the Top of the Screen with the course you want to paste information into.
- Locate the Text Box where you want to paste the information (e.g., in Pages, Assignments, Quizzes).
- Click into the Text Box where you want to paste the information.
- Press “Ctrl” and “V” simultaneously on your keyboard to copy the information.
- Note: If you use a Mac, press “Command” and “V” simultaneously.