Last updated on October 19, 2021
The Dashboard functions as a central hub of Canvas, allowing you to view and make changes to all of your courses. This section allows you to publish/unpublish courses and provides quick links to each of your courses’ announcements, assignments, discussions, and files. For instructors teaching multiple courses, this section will likely be the easiest way to view all courses at once, and switch between courses and sections.
Access the Dashboard
- Go to MSU Denver’s Faculty and Staff Hub.
- Click Canvas in the Teaching & Learning section.
- Log in to your Canvas Account.
- Click Dashboard on the global navigation menu on the far left.
- From here you may Access all Published and Unpublished Courses.
- Click the More Options Menu (three vertical dots) in the upper right corner to change the Dashboard view.
- Card View allows you to view each of your courses as an interactive card
- Recent Activity allows you to view announcements, upcoming assignments, and due dates across all courses.
- Click any Course Card to access this course.
- Click Dashboard to return to the dashboard and select a new course to work in.
- Click the More Options Menu (three vertical dots) located at the top right of each course card to edit basic course information.
- Click the Color tab to edit the course nickname and change the color of that course card.
- Click the Move tab and select from options to reorganize course cards.
- Click any of the Four Icons on the bottom of each card to access that section directly within the course.
- Note: If your course has not been fully built, you may not see all four icons.
- Click the Bullhorn Icon to access announcements for that course.
- Click the Pencil and Paper icon to access assignments for that course.
- Click the Chat Box icon to access discussions for that course.
- Click the Folder icon to access files for that course.