Last updated on October 19, 2021
By default, you will be using your Canvas courses from the “instructor view,” which shows some options not available to students. including hidden pages, grading/feedback options, and content editing options. When building a course, you may find it useful or necessary to try using your course as a student would, to help alleviate issues with navigation, access, and your learners’ cognitive load.
- Go to MSU Denver’s Faculty and Staff Hub.
- Click Canvas in the Teaching & Learning section.
- Log in to your Canvas Account.
- Select the Course you’d like to work in.
- Click Home in the course navigation menu to the left.
- Click Student View from the list of options on the far right side.
- Note: This will put you in Student View, indicated by a pink border around the screen. You may then navigate and access various sections of the course as the student would.
- Click Reset Student on the bottom right to clear browsing history and access the course as a new student.
- Click Leave Student View on the bottom right to return to instructor view.