Last updated on October 3, 2022
The link validator tool in Canvas is a very helpful feature that will check your course for broken links and provide an easy to use log for finding and fixing links.
- Go to MSU Denver’s Faculty and Staff Hub.
- Click Canvas in the Teaching & Learning section.
- Log in to your Canvas Account.
- Open the Course where you’d like to validate links.
- Click Settings on the course navigation menu to the left.
- Click Validate Links in Content on the right side of the screen.
- Click Start Link Validation.
Fix Broken Links
- View the Log that appears on the Link Validator page.
- Click the Title of an Item to open it.
- Click Edit in the upper right.
- Find the Link.
- Click the Link to highlight it.
- Click Link Options when it appears.
- Update the URL in the “Link” textbox.
- Click Done in the lower right.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page.
- Return to the Link Validator in the Course Settings.
- Repeat Steps 2-10.