Last updated on October 7, 2022
Note: This tutorial is currently being update to include video instructions.
Canvas provides a multitude of assessment tools that allow for feedback on both the student and instructor end. One of these tools is the quizzes function which allows you to create multiple choice, true/false, and essay questions, among several others. When creating quizzes for your class, you may find that you want to provide students with feedback in order to better guide learning and allow for self-reflection.
Feedback in New Quizzes
These instructions are for New Quizzes that have already been created. If you need to create a New Quiz, refer to the Create and Edit “New” Quizzes tutorial.
- Go to MSU Denver’s Faculty and Staff Hub.
- Click Canvas in the Teaching & Learning section.
- Log in to your Canvas Account.
- Select the Course you’d like to work in.
- Click Quizzes in the left-hand course navigation menu.
- Click the Name of the New Quiz.
- Note: New Quizzes can be identified by a solid green or black rocket ship icon. Classic Quizzes have an outline of a rocket ship.
- Click Build.
- Click on the Question you wish to add feedback to.
- Click the Speech Bubble Icon in the lower-left corner.
- Add Feedback for correct, incorrect, and/or all answers.
- Click Done.
- Repeat Steps 8-11 for as many questions as necessary.