Last updated on November 4, 2021
Note: This tutorial is currently being updated. In the meantime, the video contains instructions for both Classic and New Quizzes.
Adding images to a quiz question can help visually illustrate the concept, activate student knowledge, and improve student engagement. This tutorial describes how to use the Rich Content Editor to add images to your quiz questions.
Add Image to New Quiz
These instructions are for New Quizzes that have already been created. If you need to create a New Quiz, please refer to the “Create a New Canvas Quiz” tutorial.
- Go to MSU Denver’s Faculty and Staff Hub.
- Click Canvas in the Teaching & Learning section.
- Log in to your Canvas Account.
- Select the Course you’d like to work in.
- Click Quizzes in the course navigation menu on the left.
- Click the Name of the New Quiz.
- Note: The icon for a New Quiz is filled in, while a Classic Quiz is an outline only.
- Click Build.
- Click on the Question you wish to add an image to.
- Click the Rich Content Editor. This is the box where the question text is. A toolbar should appear at the top.
- Click Upload Media (a picture of mountains and a sun).
- Drag and drop Media File to grey box or click Browse to locate media object on your computer.
- Enter Alt Text for the image.
- Note: Including alt text is a best practice for ensuring your content is available and accessible to all users. For more on this, refer to the “Add Alt Text to an Image in Canvas” tutorial.
- Click Import.
- Note: Resize an image by clicking the image and selecting the corner boxes. Drag in to make smaller and drag out to make larger.
- Click Done.
- Repeat Steps 8-14 for as many questions as necessary.