Last updated on December 10, 2021
One of the many customizations you can make to Canvas is to set an assignment group to drop either the lowest score or highest score for each student. You can set rules to assignment groups (Assignments, Quizzes, etc.) in Canvas regarding how many low or high grades to drop or which assignments should never be dropped. Each student’s grade will automatically reflect that rule and drop low or high grades, based on the settings you created. This lets you use Canvas to automatically find and remove low or high scores to match your preferred grading method.
- Go to MSU Denver’s Faculty and Staff Hub.
- Click Canvas in the Teaching & Learning section.
- Log in to your Canvas Account.
- Select the Course you’d like to work in.
- Click on your preferred Assignment Group (Assignments, Quizzes, or Discussions).
- Click on the More Options Menu (three-dot menu) in the grey box marked Assignments.
- Select Edit.
- Type in the number of Lowest and/or Highest Scores to ignore for each student.
- Click on Add Assignment if you want to specify assignments that should never be dropped.
- Select Assignment from the dropdown menu that you prefer never be dropped.
- Click Save.