Last updated on December 14, 2021
Canvas allows you to attach files directly to an assignment. You can add files and images from your own computer, course files on Canvas, or even user files. This is one of the easiest ways to ensure your students have all of the instructions, resources, and materials needed to complete their assignment.
- Go to MSU Denver’s Faculty and Staff Hub.
- Click Canvas in the Teaching & Learning section.
- Log in to your Canvas Account.
- Select the Course you’d like to work in.
- Click Modules on the course navigation menu to the left.
- Scroll to the Module you’d like to add an assignment to.
- Click the + Button next to the name of the Module.
- Select Assignment from the drop-down menu.
- Click [New Assignment].
- Type a Title for your assignment in the Assignment Name box.
- Click Add Item.
- Click the Name of the assignment you created in the module.
- Click Edit.
- Type Instructions and Additional Information in the second, larger box under the title.
- Click on the Document Icon (fifth from the right) above the second, larger box.
- Select one of the Following Options to locate your file:
- Upload Document: Upload documents from your local computer.
- Course Documents: Select documents from your course documents on Canvas.
- User Documents: Select documents submitted by users in your course on Canvas.
- Click Submit.
- The attached file will appear in the Rich Content Editor as a blue link.
- Adjust assignment settings as desired.
- See Create an Assignment tutorial for more information about settings.
- Click Save.
- You may need to click Save & Publish to publish the assignment.