Last updated on September 8, 2022
When joining a Teams meeting, you won’t have access to all of the features if you join as a “guest”. This happens when you aren’t logged in with your MSU Denver credentials. Additionally, our support staff won’t be able to help you in virtual drop-in support if you aren’t logged in properly. You can follow the steps here to ensure that you are logged in before joining a Teams meeting.
When clicking on a link to a Teams meeting, you’ll be presented with three options:
- Download the App – Selecting this option will download the Teams app to your computer. If you haven’t installed Teams on your computer, you should use this option. Please note that if you’re on an MSU Denver computer, Teams should already be installed, so you can select the third option instead.
- If Teams is not installed on your MSU Denver computer, please contact ITS for assistance installing it.
- Continue on the Browser – We recommend using the app version of Teams whenever possible, but if you would like to use the web browser version, you can select this option. To ensure that you are logged in before joining the meeting, you should open your email account in the same browser window and log-in with your MSU Denver credentials before clicking the link.
- Open Your Teams App – This is the best option, as you must log in to the app to use it and you cannot join as a guest in the app.
- Please note: If you use more than one account in Teams, for instance if you also teach at another institution that uses Teams, you may need to log out of your non-MSU Denver account and log back in with your MSU Denver credentials. Click on the profile button in the top right-hand corner of the Teams window and select Sign Out, then log back in.