Last updated on October 19, 2021
Adding another instructor to your course is helpful when you need to collaborate on a course, borrow content from another course, or share resources. This would be a good time to use one of the five sandbox courses you were given as part of your MSU Denver Canvas account. You can easily dedicate one of your sandbox courses as a working course and add other instructors to collaborate together in designing a course. Divide and conquer by designating workspaces to each other within the course so you don’t accidentally delete each other’s work. An example of this would be to designate one person to build in module 1 and the other person in module 2.
- Go to MSU Denver’s Faculty and Staff Hub.
- Click Canvas in the Teaching & Learning section.
- Log in to your Canvas Account.
- Select the Course you’d like to work in.
- Click People on the course navigation menu.
- Click + People.
- Type the MSU Email Address(s) of the instructor(s) you would like to add to your course.
- Select Teacher for the role, a dropdown menu will appear.
- Click Next.
- Click Add Users.
- Note: The faculty member(s) you have added will have to accept their invitation to work in the course. Until the invitation is accepted their name will have “pending” next to it.