Last updated on October 19, 2021
Microsoft Teams allows you to host live video sessions that you could use to facilitate discussions in your course. You could use this tool to have real-time conversations about course content, current events, or other important topics just like you would in your face-to-face course.
- Go to the Faculty and Staff Hub.
- Click Email (Office 365).
- Log in to your Microsoft Account (MSU Denver ID and Password).
- Click the App Launcher button in the upper left (this button looks like four little squares to the left of the word “Outlook”).
- Click All Apps.
- Scroll down and click on Teams.
- Click on the Calendar on the left-side menu.
- Note: On the web browser version the Calendar will be found under More Added Apps (three dots). Select Calendar to open.
- Click Meet Now in the upper right.
- Choose Options (i.e. slider to enable camera, slider to enable microphone, or devices).
- Click Join Now.
- Click the button in the upper right that looks like a Chain Link to copy the Join Info.
- Email the Link to your students in your course (view the tutorial on sending email, if you need help with this).
- Note: You can also type the email address in the Invite Someone text box in the upper right to invite a specific student.
What the Buttons on the Screen Mean
- Video Camera: Turn your video on or off
- Microphone: Mute or unmute yourself
- Share (square with upward arrow): Share your screen
- Three Dots: Other settings and options
- Message Box: Opens the chat panel
- Teams (two people): View participants in the meeting
- Red Telephone: Hang-Up/End the meeting