Last updated on October 19, 2021
You can use the SpeedGrader feature with an attached rubric to easily grade individual discussion submissions within Canvas. These grades automatically populate the Gradebook. Using a rubric for discussion posts can save you time, keep you consistent, and help you provide useful feedback to your students.
Note: This tutorial assumes that you have an existing rubric to attach to the Discussion. If you need help creating a Rubric, refer to the “Create a Rubric in Canvas” tutorial.
- Go to MSU Denver’s Faculty and Staff Hub.
- Click Canvas in the Teaching & Learning section.
- Log in to your Canvas Account.
- Select the Course you’d like to work in.
- Click Modules on the course navigation menu to the left.
- Scroll to the Module with the discussion you’d like to attach a rubric to.
- Click on Discussion Title.
- Click the More Options Menu (three vertical dots) to the right of the Published and Edit buttons.
- Select Add Rubric from the drop-down menu. The Assignment Rubric Details window appears.
- Click Find a Rubric. The Find Existing Rubric window appears.
- Click on the Title of the desired rubric.
- Close Window.