Last updated on October 13, 2023
Pages in Canvas create a visually dynamic and editable place to present your lectures, videos, and content. If you currently have documents to direct students on what to do within your course, consider creating a page instead. Pages within Canvas are an ideal solution to presenting information for students to view.
Pages can be easily placed within modules to create an efficient and engaging interaction for students. They can also be assigned as a to-do item or made to be editable by students. The Rich Content Editor plays a large role in building Pages; to learn how to get the most out of that tool, please see our Use the Rich Content Editor tutorial.
- Go to MSU Denver’s Faculty and Staff Hub.
- Click Canvas in the Teaching & Learning section.
- Log in to your Canvas Account.
- Select the Course you’d like to work in.
- Click Modules on the left-hand course navigation menu.
- Scroll to the Module to which you’d like to add a Page.
- Click the + Button to the right of the name of the Module.
- Select Page from the drop-down menu.
- Select [New Page].
- Type a Name for the Page in the Page Name box.
- Click Add Item in the bottom right-hand corner.
- Click the Name of the Page you created in the module.
- Click Edit in the top right-hand corner.
- Type the Text in the second, larger box.
- Note: You can add images, videos, links, and more to your page. Refer to the Use the Rich Content Editor tutorial for more information on adding, editing, and formatting content on a Canvas page.
- Select the desired Options:
- Select Who Can Edit the Page from the drop-down menu to create pages that your students can collaborate on.
- Check the Add to Student To-Do box to put the page in the students’ Canvas to-do list and enter a due date.
- Enter a date in the Publish At box if you would like to delay the page’s posting to a certain date and time.
- Click Save in the bottom right-hand corner when you are done.