Last updated on November 3, 2021
You are able to use YuJa to create embed codes and direct links to insert YouTube videos into your Canvas course. It should be noted, however, that utilizing YuJa to link YouTube videos does create cause for concern about copyright infringement, so you should only link YouTube videos via YuJa if you maintain ownership or have the author’s permission to use the YouTube video.
- Go to MSU Denver’s Faculty and Staff Hub.
- Click Canvas in the Teaching & Learning section.
- Log in to your Canvas Account.
- Select the Course you’d like to work in.
- Click the YuJa Link located in the left-hand navigation bar.
- Click the button that reads Open in New Tab to be taken to the MSU YuJa sign-on page.
- Log in to Yuja using the MSU SSO (single sign-on) option at the top right of the page.
- Click My Media on the left navigation bar.
- Click Upload located towards the top-left of the screen.
- Click Link from the available options towards the top of the pop-up window.
- Click YouTube from the drop-down menu that appears.
- Copy/Paste your YouTube Link you would like to link via YuJa in the YouTube Link text field.
- Enter a Title in the corresponding text field.
- Enter an optional Description in the corresponding text field if you desire.
- Click Start Upload to upload your YouTube video to YuJa.
- Refer to the “Embed a YuJa Video” Tutorial to learn how to add the video to your Canvas course.