Last updated on October 19, 2021
Instructors can use Canvas course Announcements to post a message to all of the students in their course. Announcements are an easy way to inform or remind students about course logistics and activities. Additionally, the home page is designed to display the five most recent announcements, so your students can always be kept up-to-date if you use this important tool.
- Go to MSU Denver’s Faculty and Staff Hub.
- Click Canvas in the Teaching & Learning section.
- Log in to your Canvas Account.
- Select the Course you’d like to work in.
- Click Announcements on the course navigation menu on the left.
- Click the blue + Announcement button.
- Enter a Title for your announcement in the Topic Title Box.
- Enter Additional Information about your announcement in the second, larger box.
- Note: You can also add links, images, videos, and other resources in this section. To learn more, visit the “Use the Rich Content Editor” tutorial.
- Adjust the Options as desired.
- Click Save.