Last updated on November 3, 2021
When you record a meeting in Teams, that recording is automatically available to all of the members of that team. Unfortunately, Teams does not generate auto-captions for recordings and it does not support embedding them in a Canvas course. Resolving this is simple, but it requires a few extra steps. Uploading the videos to Yuja solves both issues at once, so this tutorial will cover how to download your video from Teams and upload it to Yuja.
Download the Recording from Teams
- Open Microsoft Teams on your computer.
- Click on Teams in the toolbar along the left-hand side.
- Click on the Team where you recorded a meeting.
- If the meeting did not take place in a Team, the file will instead be located in Files on the left-hand toolbar.
- Click on the Files tab at the top of the screen, under the Search bar.
- Click on the Recordings folder.
- Hover your cursor over the Recording that you would like to download.
- Click on the More Options Menu (three vertical dots) to the right of the recording file’s name.
- From this menu, you can also rename the file. You might want to give it a shorter, more descriptive name to make finding it later easier.
- Click on Download in the pop-up window that appears.
- The recording will now be downloaded to your computer as an .MP4 file and saved in your Downloads folder.
Upload the Recording to Yuja
- Enter msudenver.yuja.com in the address bar of your internet browser.
- Press Enter/Return on your keyboard.
- Click Login in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- Login using your MSU Denver Single Sign-On credentials.
- Click on Upload in the toolbar along the top of the screen.
- Click on Browse in the pop-up window that appears.
- Find the Recording File in your computer.
- It is likely in the Downloads folder of your computer.
- Select the Recording File.
- Click on Open in the bottom right-hand corner of the pop-up window.
- Click on Start Upload in the pop-up window.
- Depending on the length of the recording and your internet connection speed, this could take less than a minute or much longer. Progress will be tracked in a pop-up menu in the bottom right of your screen. Wait for the video to finish uploading and processing before you continue.
- Auto Captions will be automatically generated. This could take some additional time after the video is done uploading.
- You can check if a video has finished generating auto-captions by hovering over it and click on More in the menu. Under Caption Status, you will see either “Sent for auto captioning” or “Captioning complete.”
To embed the video you’ve uploaded to Yuja in your Canvas course, please continue to our Embed Videos from Yuja tutorial.