Last updated on August 17, 2023
Multimedia assignments can be a great way to test students’ skills and knowledge. Providing them as an option also gives students greater flexibility to engage with your course through a medium they are comfortable and familiar with. GoReact is an excellent tool to facilitate your students’ creation of multimedia. GoReact can be used easily on a computer or smartphone, generates automatic captions, and can be set up to allow students to comment and respond to each other’s recordings.
There are alternative options to GoReact to consider, so choose the one that works best for your assignment:
- The Canvas Media Recorder is appropriate for simple recordings without captions that only you will view.
- Yuja is better for more complex recordings that require the student to share their screen or make simple edits to the recording.
- Click Assignments in the left-hand course navigation menu.
- Click + Assignment in the top right-hand corner.
- Enter a Name for the assignment.
- Click the drop-down menu next to Submission Type.
- Click External Tool.
- Click the Find button to the right of the URL field in the Submission Type box.
- Select GoReact from the alphabetical list of External Tools.
- Click Select in the bottom right-hand corner.
- Choose all the other Settings you want for the assignment.
- Click Save in the bottom right-hand corner.
- Click Load [Assignment] in a new window.
- If this is your first time using GoReact, you’ll be prompted to create an account and log-in before continuing.
- Click Blank Assignment.
- Click the Assignment Type drop-down menu and choose an option.
- Standard – Students will make a video that you, and optionally other students, can leave feedback on.
- Stimulus – Students will make a video while watching another video you provide.
- Comment Only – Students will leave feedback on a video you provide.